The upper beam opens and closes with inpressive speed. As the open and close position is programmable, you can create open or closed hems, thus making your parts unique and versatile. Radii can be created by individual bending steps and without special tools. The upper beam shape offers large free space in front and behind of the beam.
- Fast movements for closing/opening
- Hemming: closed, open, tear-drop hems
- Radius bending without special tools
- Large free space in front of the upper beam (part design flexibility)
- Rigid upper beam for straight bends
- Servo drives and absolute encoders
- Accurate positioning, no calibration
The deep and rigid folding beam of the FLEXI2bend metal folding machine stands for excellent bending results. The intelligent crowning system automatically compensates for deformation of the beam caused by the bending forces. The FLEXI2bend thus achieves straight bends with thin or thick sheets, all types of material, long or short flanges, and no matter of you bend in the center of the machine or on the side. Fast motion sequences ensure high productivity. The automatic adjustment to sheet thickness and bending radius increases productivity and flexibility for small batches.
- Fast movement: short cycle times
- SpeedOptimizer increases the speed by 20% by releasing the part while the folding beam moves down.
- Deep folding beam: excellent bending results
- Intelligent crowning system automatically compensates beam deformation
- Automatic adjustment for material thickness and bending radius
- No downtime for machine adjustments
- Automatic clamping of the segmented folding beam tools
- Gentle and scratch-free bending of coated materials
- Servo motors and absolute encoder: quick operation, no calibration
- Folding beam can be used as a stop for oblique-angled blanks.
The lower clamping beam is designed with a deep box configuration for maximum strength and resistance.
- Precise and straight bends
- Maximum resistance to deflection and torsion
The fingers of the gauging system position the workpiece for each bend. All stop fingers disappear below the table surface when the part has to be rotated on the sheet support table.
- Fast positioning, repeatable accuracy
- Even for large parts no 2nd operator needed (50% cost saving)
- Sheet support carries the weight of the blank
- Solid front and rear stop fingers
- Servo drive and absolute encoder: no calibration
- Adaptive to working task and available floor space
- Center orientation for best bending results
- Rectangular backgauge 10-1550 mm
- T-gauging system for big parts (10-3050/4050 mm)
- Active popup squaring arm for narrow parts
Versatile tooling system
The high tensile and precision ground upper beam tools are automatically clamped in the tool seat. No other tooling system offers so much free space for all kinds of bending geometries. Handy tool segments simplify tool setups for the operator.
- Large free spaces for part design flexibility
- Sharp tools for bending profiles
- Segmentierte Geißfußwerkzeuge für Boxen, Paneele und Kassetten
- Radius tools and special tool shapes on request
- Short set-up times due to handy tools and automatic tool clamping
- Exactly fitting individually manufactured segments (can be retrofitted at any time)
- Automatic recognition of a tool change
- Automatic recognition of the tool height (safety function)
- Folding beam tools for different thicknesses and Z bends
- Finger pockets in lower beam tools for smallest stop dimensions
SnapTool corner tools
The SnapTool corner tools with a hinged foot automatically retract from parts with side flanges. The hinged foot moves down when the upper beam opens and snaps back into the working position as soon as the tool has moved out of the bent part.
- A manual rotation of the bent parts at the end of the bending cycle is not necessary
- Side free space in the hinged area of the SnapTool is 30 mm
- Designed for the same sheet thickness as the other tools of the tool set
- Software calculates the SnapTool positions
Automatic programming of the bending sequences
Where programming used to require a lot of expert knowledge, today there is a high degree of intelligence in the Bendex software. Parts can be entered on the clearly visible screen or imported as STEP, DXF or GEO files. With a single mouse click, the software automatically programs the entire bending sequence, including tool setup.
- Clear display on 24" touch monitor
- Simple creation of profiles and panels
- Exact and error-free transfer of CAD data
- Automatic programming of bending sequences
- Software suggestion of the best folding sequence
- 3D simulation of the bending process
- Graphic operator guidance during the bending sequence
- Highest bending accuracy due to material tables
- Program import from the office software
- Loading individual programs or processing job lists
- Monitor can be rotated on the swivel arm
- Operation from the folding beam side
- Operation from the gauging side
- Online support via TeamViewer